Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ode to Fonda San Miguel

We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Fonda San Miguel for their Sunday brunch. It is to die for. Interior Mexican food, known as some of the best in the country. Here's a link if you'd like to check it out: http://www.fondasanmiguel.com/

My favorite dish is a cactus-based salad but anything with their mole sauce is a close second. It's also located really close to my parents' house, so it makes for a wonderful Sunday afternoon. Eat a little and then visit.

Austin is simply full of great ethnic restaurants, it's not just barbecue and Tex-mex (although there are some phenomenal places that have that). I have eaten good Vietnamese pho (Blue Bamboo in Bee Cave, no less), some excellent Greek food downtown (Athenian Grill). It's a refreshing change from Hunterdon county where the choices were largely Italian and Italian. Of course there were great things in the city, but that was quite a drive. Here it's all 20 to 30 minutes away. Maybe I can put back on that 5 lbs I lost due to all the moving/new job stress. But I probably need to cut back on the workouts too & that's just not going to happen. Oh well, guess I need to go to Anthro and buy some new pants (how terrible! Dani will be crushed!).



No comments:

Post a Comment