Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's All Good

A miracle happened on Astoria Drive in little Bee Cave, Texas. Well, really the miracle happened at the DMV office up in Northwest Austin. They....ready for it?....allowed Dani to take her road test without turning in her New Jersey permit (which she lost). Yep, I'm telling the truth. With some last minute maneuvers, Grandma was able to take Dani for her test on Friday. She passed (easily, I hear). So yesterday we bought her a car, a new silver Prius which is actually an incredibly cool car. Here's just one neat thing about it: we don't have to use a gate or garage door remote control because the car will "learn" the frequency of such things and assign it to buttons built-in. I think Dani would have slept in it last night if we'd have let her.


Everything else is going swimmingly too. Work is going well for me, I am getting as many days as I can handle and finding interesting patients every single day. I learn from the minute I arrive. I have stopped wearing scrubs to my psych job; about half the nurses there wear them & half don't -- I have switched sides. So (awwwww) I need a new work wardrobe from Anthro. Making weekly visits there to scoop up what's on sale & I'm loving it. The woundcare job is also looking up, I'm there two days this week.





Nile is back to 3x/week karate now that their tournament is over, so his progress should increase towards black belt. I get the first batch of report cards soon & the kids both tell me it will be good news. More on that later. Ken has furnished his little apartment more in Houston; my parents even found him some....interesting....original art to hang.

The Texas fall weather is divine. It's warm, not too humid, with cool evenings and nights. I miss the leaves in Jersey, but this is fair compensation. On my off days, I sit on the patio outside to eat lunch in the beautiful sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment