Saturday, August 7, 2010

TX to Philly

I went to Philly last week for my annual pilgrimage to my workout goddess's shrine in Glassboro, New Jersey. That's Cathe Friedrich's gym and filming studio. This was my fourth trip and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time in 2005. I'm getting so I know the routine so well, I don't even bother to bring the agenda with me. I took a total of 6 classes from Friday evening to Sunday morning. That's me with Cathe in the pic. Yes, she really sat at our table to eat. Not your typical idol.


On Saturday, Cathe did her one minute of fame with us, where small groups got to workout on the set with Cathe and take pictures for a minute. My cool camera even does video, so I got a video of it and it's posted on Facebook. For a minute, I could pretend I was one of Cathe's cast working on a video with her. And yes, the lights are really hot. I am amazed that they all aren't dripping with sweat on the videos. Must really have the hair and makeup shellacked on.


I love to go to these Road Trips because it really gives me a shot of inspiration and enthusiasm to get up at dark-thirty every morning I'm working and sweat for an hour and a half. It can be lonely to workout at home and it's also weird. I spend that time with Cathe every day & start to feel like I know her -- she releases a new set of workouts about once a year & I've been collecting them since 1999, so if anyone knows her little jokes and how she thinks, it's her loyal fans like me. But when you meet her in person, you realize how one-sided the relationship is, although she is very warm and real. No diva.

And New Jersey/Philly was lovely. The weather really cooperated and was so much cooler than it has been in Austin. Not that I saw much of it starting Friday night, but the days before were nice.

I got to see Jackie and Christy and many of my 3 West pals, which was nice. I worked out at my old gym in Clinton and took a terrific Zumba class - better than the Zumba here in Austin, in fact. I miss New Jersey, especially now that the temps here are over 100 degrees every day (& I really feel it)!

The bad luck of this house continues though....when I returned home I discovered that my Mom had backed into the neighbor's mailbox with her car while she was babysitting my kids during my trip. She leveled it, and it was one of those big brick things. Oh well, it's fixed now. I just have to laugh.

1 comment:

  1. By the way, I took a look at your site. If you keep going with that, I think that I will like it.

    quick signs fort lauderdale

    ReplyDelete