Wednesday, August 25, 2010

OMG...More DMV Hell

The DMV has a special place in my stomach right now (it's turning). Our quest to get poor little Dani her driver's permit continues. Dani & I finally got her "verification of enrollment" form on the first day of school (we waited all summer for this), and we drove to Marble Falls, TX to the little friendly DMV office there. Not a quick trip, took 45 minutes. But after our delightful (NOT!) experience at the East Austin DMV, I thought this would be better. Well, darlin', the DMV is nothing if not consistent. This time, the woman told us we need 14 hours of behind-the-wheel training. Yep, don't know where she pulled that number from because I know that it's 7 hours based on our last DMV trip and the official web site. But I digress. She then fixated on the report card showing Dani completed Driver's Ed at school with a grade of A. "We need to know exactly how many classroom hours this was." I point out to her it's 2.5 credit hours (1/2 semester). Nope, not good enough. We must have an official letter from North Hunterdon High School. Each time we visit, it's something new and they are obviously making this up as they go along. Makes me wonder what's really going on -- are they just trying to keep us awful Jersey people off their precious Texas roads?

So here's hoping my nightly laps in the pool can cure this massive headache I've got after this experience. And the glass of wine too. I am already mentally composing my letter to the editor of the Statesman. As if moving across country wasn't traumatic enough, now my plans for dealing with work/transporting kids are basically all changed. OK, I'll stop whining now.

No comments:

Post a Comment